Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desmier_gw

Anyone have pictures of replacing lawns with stone/pavers, etc

desmier
18 years ago

I would like to replace part of my dead and expensive lawn with something tasteful but not too expensive. Interlock is out. Anyone have any ideas? Websites that offer installation instructions?

Comments (6)

• karinl
    18 years ago

I'm not sure I understand your question as (a) lawn is usually cheap, and (b) if interlock is out, I assume you mean all pavers, so what do you have in mind to install?

I like concrete paver patios of all sorts, you'd be best off to go the a landscape supply yard and see what is available and what you like. Most have good displays. Flagstone is an alternative but is trickier.

I'm a big fan of books for such things as installation instructions, but Google will find you instructions on the web for almost anything if you make your search terms quite specific. Also if you buy pavers, the manufacturer might have a pamphlet with instructions.

• cactusfreak
    18 years ago

Your first consideration is the style of your house.
    I have a Mexican style house so I have a lot of pea gravel and egg rock. The area around the front door is pea gravel, egg rock and lava rock.
    Right side of doorway.
    {{gwi:288236}}

Left side of door way.
    {{gwi:288237}}

Around pond in back yard.
    {{gwi:288238}}
    {{gwi:288239}}

I have some concrete decking and a paver patio that I laid myself.
    {{gwi:288240}}

My path ways and some of the driveway areas are chipped gravel.
    {{gwi:288241}}

I painted my driveway to look like stone and a side walk is painted like mexican clay tile.

{{gwi:288242}}

But it starts at the road. I have eggrock and sand beds at my driveway entrance.

• desmier
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Very nice. Thanks for the ideas.

• Aunt_Net
    18 years ago

I don't have any pics yet, I took a few "before pics" today, even though I already have added a large bed with a rock border and a small bed with a rock border. We had 23 ton of flagstone delivered and are planning to replace about half of the front lawn with rock walkways, entry area, borders and then get started on walkways that extend to the back decks. If I can figure out how to do it I'll post some as we go along.

DH figured the easiest way to get some of that flagstone laid was to give about 2 ton to a friend, we even loaded it for him and waved it goodbye. (He is a very good friend who helps us with alot of projects)

• FirmDancer
    18 years ago

cactusfreak - all the work you've done is very nice. Thanks for sharing the photos.

• gottagarden
    18 years ago

cactusfreak - very cool! Your gardens look like fun, you have done so much work, obviously a labor of love.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County