Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sealing Pavestone

Posted by Haert N TX (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 05 at 14:20

We are going to be installing a pavestone walkway from our driveway to the front door. We are currently debating the pros and cons of sealing it. I strongly prefer the color and look of the pavestone with sealer; my husband insists it is a big mistake - too much maintenance, etc. The walkway will get direct Texas sun all day long. Does anyone have any experience with this? What are the pros and cons?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sealing Pavestone

• Posted by vanJ So.Cal (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 17, 05 at 11:07

Hello:
We just had our driveway installed in pavers and had it sealed to help protect it against oil and tree sap. We had a choice between two different finishes of sealers and chose the natural one. It was very easy to apply and did not change the color of the pavers. Since we did not do it ourselves, I can't tell you the brand name but it was very expensive stuff and we did 2 coats. There's no big maintenance involved other than resealing it in a year or so. And with the sealer it makes it very easy to lift stains out of the pavers with the help of a degreaser. You might want to check with a good masonary yard or call the manufacturer of the pavers for more advice. Van

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here