Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to keep rocks shiny?

Posted by Jeannette10 95608 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 23, 05 at 17:09

I there any way I can make the rocks in my dry creek shiny?

They look beautiful when they are wet but more dull when dry. Is there some type of permanent coating I can use?
Thank you for any advice.
Jeannette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to keep rocks shiny?

• Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 25, 05 at 17:34

Spray paint them with several coats of high gloss polyurethane.

o

Are you sure you want to make them shiny? It's true they're nicer when wet, but if they look wet when it's not raining it might look a little unnatural. You could always consider installing a little water feature to make it a wet creek bed and keep them wet all the time (or spray them with water before company comes!)

o

Thanks, Diane and Karin.
Karin, you make a good point. Maybe I don't want them shiny all the time. They do look BEAUTIFUL when they are wet. I'll talk to my landscaper about getting a sprinkler that would spray a little mist whenever I turn it on.
I wonder if he is going to think I am crazy to want my rocks watered...LOL
Thank you again
Jeannette

o

Hi again,
I talked to the landscape designer who drew our plan. She was very much against the idea of coating the rocks in our dry creek to make them look wet all the time. I think she is right...it would look too fake and artificial.
Thanks again for the responses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening with Stone Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here