Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harbor Freight Propane Heater

Posted by brandond 6 (hdavis34@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 12:14

hey guys IM about to build my greenhouse. Its going to be 10x10. A friend advised me against the portable mr heater types since it doesnt have a thermostat, and they use lots of propane. I did however see a 15,000 watt btu propane heater from Harbor Freight. Have any of your guys used this model, or have some feedback. I didnt wanted electric since its slow to heat up, and I live in the country, so I lose power a few times a year. If anyone would reccomend this model please give feedback,thanks a bunch,brandon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harbor Freight Propane Heater

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 14, 09 at 4:17

I buy quite a few things at Harbor Freight...but not things I need to rely on working fairly continuously or for a long time. You might be happier and even save money over the long term by buying from a place with a little higher quality. One place to start is Northern Tool.

o

well , i dont know about a 15,000 wat btu propane heater. i think you need to leave the watt out.

I use a procom blueflame heater with thermostat in mine.And on cold, clowdy, windy days it runs constantly and will use a lot of propane.

also the infared heaters heat the objects before the air, that is whay the blueflame is recommended for greenhouses.

hope that helps

o

Hi Brandon, both northern tool and harbor freight sell procom heaters, so you deal with procom direct for the warranty. It's 3 year factory warranty and there customer service is the best. I have a small greenhouse13 x 13 I use a barrel burner. Since the ice storm last year ,plenty of wood. But in my 1300 sq ft cabin I use 2 28,000btu blue flame propane heaters. Keeping it around 70 degrees in here at a cost of 20 to 25 gals a week. last cost per gal 1.55 Harbor freight's shipping is a lot less ,plus the floor stand and blower is a lot keeper.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here