Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

Can you recommend a themometer w/ alarm for low temps in GH?

bonechickchris
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a themometer or one of those small weather stations that come with an outdoor sensor that also has an alarm you can set to go off at a certain temperature?
I have an 8X16 Solexx greenhouse and am in NJ. Right now, I use a basic temperature station with an outdoor sensor that I put in the GH so I can watch the temps and know when I have to put the heaters on or not. But sometimes, the temps change so rapidly, or I am busy and forget to check the temps and it gets cold before I remember to turn the heaters on. So I was looking for a small, cheap temperature gauge / weather station that has an alarm for low temps that can go off to remind me to turn on the heaters.

I also have an expensive Ambient Weather station that is for outside that measures everything from rain, wind, temps, etc, that has a temperature alarm on it but you cannot add anymore sensors to it.

So I am looking for just a basic temperature station that has an alarm. If any of you can suggest a product, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! Christy

Comments (9)