Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Remodel GH or start over?

Fori
11 years ago

Howdy! My greenhouse is in the way of home improvement projects. It came with the house and I have not used it (but plan to "someday" use it). Built in late 1950s against the house, single pane glass (eek) with a brick wall base. I think it was intended for seed starting. I don't know how to make the roof vents open (they're electric, or were once). I'm not going near that scary gas heater. No water inside. Nice shelves.

It's cute. Anyway, if it is to remain, I have to move the door. That seems like a lot of work for something I might maybe use in the future that probably doesn't work that well anyway (not to mention in a climate where greenhouses are not crucial). But maybe it's not that hard, or maybe there are elements worth storing for a new GH some day. And it's BIG for this climate (10ish).

What would you do? Wait for an earthquake? Knock a door in the other side and work around it? Or just yank it out, try to transplant the rose bush, and build a smaller modern GH when I'm ready for it? Thanks! (Does anyone recycle vintage greenhouses?)

{{gwi:287824}}

{{gwi:227502}}

{{gwi:287825}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals