Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tabassam

might be a crazy question - battery run heater

tabassam
18 years ago

Is there such a thing? Tried googling it to no avail.

Comments (7)

• tabassam
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just found some info about kerosene heaters that doesn't use electricity. I guess that 's what i'm looking for.

• Vamptoo
    18 years ago

Actually my DH was going to hook up the 12V heater we have to the batteries on the camper to get me some heat in the greenhouse during our recent ice storm. I managed to get a propane heater on my way back from Georgia though.

Cindy

• mylu
    18 years ago

tabassam I don't know how many BTU's you are looking for but HD, Lowes and Walmart all sell 23K btu heaters for about $119.00. Less come this spring. They also have 10K versions too.

• cactusfreak
    18 years ago

Southern Burner runs on LP or natural gas but uses battery for the power to ignite and has a thermostat. I have not seen a kerosene heater that will ignite by battery and has a thermostat. If you know of one please let me know. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: uses battery to ignite

• gardenerwantabe
    18 years ago

I have two kerosene heaters that ignite from two D cell battery's but they don't have a thermostat. I keep them around incase of a power failure but you do have to monitor the temp.

• donva
    18 years ago

Southern Burner used to make a greenhouse heater that used a minivolt thermostat that works from pezioelectric generated by the pilot light. Always worked fine. Available for gas or propane.

• bama35640
    18 years ago

Hi I use a 42,000 btu Atwood Rv heater that I run off a deep cycle battery it is good for about 12 hours of run time if I ever lose power. Been using it for 4 years without a problem even during power outages. I also have a 100 gallon propane tank.

Bob in North Alabama

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville