Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadowsp7

Makeshift Greenhouse and Hot peppers

shadowsp7
11 years ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread and if my question has already been asked, if it was i couldn't find it.

I live in SOuthern California and am growing some Caribbean peppers, ( Basically it is a Habanero pepper)I sprouted them in doors using a jiffy starter kit and a heat mat, the all sprouted and have been inside for two weeks now on the mat with some 100wat bulbs overhead. I want to move them outside and start some more seeds.

I made a shelf out of 2by4's and some ply wood, then encased the hole thing in polyethylene plastic and there is a flap to put the plants in and take them out, there is a grow light hanging overhead, to make a makeshift greenhouse. It is located outside on my porch with temps of highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's, will my seedlings be okay in the greenhouse I made with the lights on them? or should I keep them inside?

Another thing I want to add is that I want to put them outside with the heat mat, because i only have one and want to use it to start new seeds.

Thanks In advance for any help you can give me.

Comments (3)