Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandond_gw

Cheap Air Conditoner Design

brandond
14 years ago

I know thinking of cooling the air on the 1st of Feb doesnt make much sense. I was getting my greenhouse ready and prepped for starting my coldseason stuff in a few weeks. I ran across an idea that was part mine and part someone elses. Its the concept of taking a styrafoam coolar and loading it up with ice water, placing a small bildge pump or pond pump in it that runs off 110. Then you take a 4 ft long or so run of copper tubing and coil it round and round small circle to bigger circule, and zip tie it to a 20 in box fan. Then you run you hose from the pump to the copper line and back into the cooler as a return. the pump keeps the water circulating through the copper tubing maintaing cold temps as the fan blows air across the pipe it cools the air.

My other concept was to take my old humidifer its a holmes brand. Take a styrafoam cooler and cut a hole in the top the same size as the fan and plastic housing. Place ice cold water in the cooler and slide the fan down just to the top of the ice water leavel. It has two speed settings and would cool the air. I also prefer 110 sinse I can run all this off of a timer. If summer starts a bit early and it gets extremly hot around May or June this would be a cheap alternative to cooling. My small 10x10 house could use something that cools a bit. Let me know if anyone has tried this.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm