Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertdance

My New Potting Shelf

I'm very proud of my hubby! He did a great job! We purchased a home with a big deck over a lower driveway. We repaired the deck first. The septic is under the bricks that you see in the photos.

In remodeling the house, we replaced all the oak doors, some were solid, some not. He used two of those doors with some concrete bricks to construct a sturdy shelf below, and a work top above. He inserted a sink we had left from his mom's remodel, and purchased a new faucet and spray hose.

Apologies for the mess. The faucet works. It drains outside into a bucket for recycling in our Drought conditions. Took him a while and many leaks to get the PVC from the water source up and over the top of the deck and into the faucet.

{{gwi:289216}}

Here is the side view. You can see the steps coming down to the deck. We have more of those doors so additional shelving will be coming in the future. No sinks though!

{{gwi:289217}}

This doesn't work as a greenhouse. Too shady, but it's sure nice to pot and create in this place! If you have suggestions for improvement, I'd love to hear them!

Suzi

Comments (4)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company