Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenhouse Vent/Louver

Posted by FredLee (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 13:55

I have a small greenhouse (6x8 Harbor Freight) with an exhaust fan on one end, and wet wall on the other. The wet wall is installed in one of the side window panels (2x4). I have a window screen covering this to prevent dust/bugs from getting in, but I'm finding that at night, this open window allows too much cold air to come inside.

I'd like some sort of powered louver I could install on the outside to seal the window when the evap cooler is not in use.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenhouse Vent/Louver

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 16:33

If a powered louver it would need a thermostat, maybe the one turning on the exhaust fan? Usually the first cooling stage is just the exhaust fan. Second stage is the wet wall. A two stage thermostat could control both.

My first choice would be something that the fan pulls open. It would close when the fan goes off. Don't have one picked out but that's what I'd be looking for.

o
RE: Greenhouse Vent/Louver

Because of the size of the wet wall (2' x 4') it's unlikely my exhaust fan will have enough force to pull open any vent.

I think I need to find some sort of powered louver that fits nicely in a 2' x 4' opening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here