Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bookjunky4life

Need advice

bookjunky4life
14 years ago

I just bought a house that has no garage and no outbuildings. I would like to use 4x4 treated posts sunk in concrete as the upright supports for a small sized shed/greenhouse. I want to go VERY basic and easy. I want to use clear corrugated panels attached to the 4x4s and very simple roof. I want to use them for the roof and the walls.

I need something to store my gardening tools, a few straw bales, my riding and push mowers and my bicycles, so it probably needs to be maybe 12 x 12 or so. I just want to use it for storage for this year and plan on building a better actual shed or a garage next year after my car is paid off.

After I build the garage or better shed, I'd like to use it as a potting shed/greenhouse kind of thing. Just something to start cuttings in, to do my wintersowing, that kind of stuff, nothing too intensive greenhouse wise.

Does anyone know how much the clear plastic corrugated panels cost? The local store I have is Menards and that's where I would like to purchase them if possible. What is the best way to attach the plastic to the lumber - screws?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor