Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilyblossom_gw

HFGH 10x12 in sale $599

lilyblossom
14 years ago

Just got the harbor freight ad yesterday front page has the 10x12 on sale for $200 off. Look around for the 20% coupon and thats a good deal. Sad thing is I need a new one after mine colasped under the 40 inches of snow we got.

Comments (9)

• knotbored
    14 years ago

I am curious whether your collapsed one had any of the reinforcements indicated on this site and elsewhere. I am just finishing the HFGH and did add most (not all) the sugested conduit reinforcement and extra hold-down clips. A recent storm rattled the panels pretty good and I am thinking of adding even more clips (I already added 130 to what was included.) The conduit did stiffen the structure a lot.

• trudy_gw
    14 years ago

Is there a site on the web that shows the 10x12 greenhouse on sale or $599 . I am not finding it. I take it the sale on last a few days, so ASAP would be appreciated!

• safaribabe
    14 years ago

I think it might just be in the flyers they sent out. That is where I saw mine? I want a 6x8. Heard that better homes and gardens has the coupon for that. where do you live? I think the sale is good until the end of the month. I could mail you our flyer for the large one.

• trudy_gw
    14 years ago

Thanks safaribabe, but we are leaving in an hr to pick up the 10x12. I called the store and he said the greenhouse is on sale for $649, we can also use the 20% off coupon. Wont be as cheap, but hey at least I am getting one.

Thanks for the offer anyway!

I am so excited to be getting the greenhouse, after being green with envy seeing all the fun everyone else is having with a greenhouse. Would like to get working on it soon, but we have lots of snow on the ground to melt firts. Then there will be the problem of a very wet area to work with.

Lots of work ahead but will be worth it. Hubby has been reading many of the great post on the assembly of the greenhouse. Thanks everyone else for all the updates and photos on the assembly!!!!!

I am almost positive that we will still have questions... :)

• trudy_gw
    14 years ago

safaribabe email has been sent to you.

• trudy_gw
    14 years ago

Looks like your email is blocked. So could you please send me an email. I do need the sale flyer. Thanks :)

• colokid
    14 years ago

FWIW: I found sales and coupons, including a printable one for the 20 percent off on their web site.
    http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayPage.do?pageFile=magurl3.html
    You may have to dig to find it.
    Kenny

• knotbored
    14 years ago

I just finished mine and suggest you take hints suggested on this site (and others if you Google HF Greenhouse.)
    Mandatory if you want it to go well:
    1. level and square up the foundation many times as you go along. The long sides tend to buckle and twist as you assemble it so also check straightness (with a taunt string.) Buy or borrow an 8' ladder-you need it for the high work.
    2. Order those extra clips early-they ship quickly and you absolutely need them.
    We ordered extra clips from Harbor Freight, 130 for $10.95,
    item no. 29457. TheyÂre not available online, and so far are not carried in our local store, so you have to call
    1-800-444-3353.(shipping cost $7 and took one week for mine)
    3. Plan on reinforcing the frame with EMT conduit-its cheap and adds a lot of stability. There are many suggested ways but belly-band the sides and the roof trusses.
    4. Plan on reinforcing the header over the door-it sags and binds the door. I used 1" square alum tubing-got a 11' length for $18 at a local steel mill.
    5. Do screw the plexiglas to the frames- I used galvanized screws with rubber reinforced washers. Most suggest stainless steel but I couldn't find them locally and couldn't find technical data (other then amature opinions) demanding stainless.
    6. Do tape the edges of plexiglass with perforated tape from greenhouse vendors. I got mine installed before I realized that need, and will be removing and redoing panels all summer. Its quick and easy to do before installing-kick me. It keeps out bugs and slows the green mold along the edges.
    Do keep us informed as you proceed-I found the advise from others absolutely necessary to get mine up. By the way I did it 100% by myself and I am a healthy 70 year old-

• safaribabe
    14 years ago

Hi Trudy, I unblocked my email!