Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandond_gw

Greenhouse update?

brandond
14 years ago

Hey everyone. I just got my clear solar cover in and have installed it in 2/3s of my greenhouse. I really like it so far. Its 12 mm thick and stapled up rather easy. Its funny since I have needed something like this really bad up until this last week or so. Temps have really been up here lately in SW Missouri. It does diffuse light as expected, but should retain some heat throughout the night and keep my bills down. I am getting rather frusted with my digital timers. Its an intermatic. I will place the setting for my shop lights to turn on and off. Im running them for 16 hrs a day. They will come on ok, but for some reason they have been turning off early. I dont know what that reason is. I have used this same timer for running my mister system and have not had a problem. It should run something for that long but its been problematic. Other than that all is well. I have around 50 broccoli plants, 40 brssel sprouts, and 30 purple sicily cauliflower. I also have around 50 peppers overall with 6 different kinds ranging from hot cayenne, peperoncini, to sweet red and orange bell peppers.