Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grow_anything

Greenhouse sources?

grow-anything
14 years ago

I have been doing some research thinking about building or buying a professional quality GH. Anyone have some suggestions for websites for information on best vs worst materials etc. Glass vs plastic and what type plastics, estimated heating and cooling cost. Also some manufactures or sales sources?

Comments (8)

• whygarden
    14 years ago

I am getting mine from Oregon Valley Greenhouse out of Aurora Oregon 503 678 2700...1 800 347 2701

• billala
    14 years ago

Other than researching GardenWeb, International Greenhouse is the best one-stop place I know of for info, especially their blog link in the lower left corner of the home page:

Here is a link that might be useful: IGC

• karen__w z7 NC
    14 years ago

I got mine from Jaderloon in South Carolina and have been very happy with it. Twin wall polycarb on a galvanized steel frame.

Here is a link that might be useful: jaderloon

• eric_wa
    14 years ago

It's about time other manufacturers get a piece of the action. Why buy a HFGH and have to do all the modifications to it. Just buy quality in the first place.

Eric

• darlene87
    14 years ago

I have had a Rion greenhouse for over 4 yr. now, and very happy with it. Just put in Rion greenhouse in a seach window for more info. We studied all the greenhouses for over a yr. before we decided on that brand. It was installed in a few hrs. by hubby and our son. We have heat in the winter for it, it is with a fan, and then a small heater, and I think it costs about $5.00 a mo. to heat, and it is a bigger size one. I think it is the material it is made of. Right now, with the weather warming up to 55, inside the greenhouse, with the heat turned off, it gets to 85 plus. I just wish it were bigger now. I have tons of items in it all ready for spring. I hope you find the greenhouse of your dreams.
    Darlene

http://www.riongreenhouses.com/gh44greenhouse.html

• grow-anything
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to everyone. This gives me another project to plan.

• karen__w z7 NC
    14 years ago

Grow-anything, I spent a long time planning mine, and did lots of lurking in this forum in that time. The longer I planned the bigger it got in my head. I ended up going with Jaderloon because I spend lots of time in my greenhouse and will be using it year round, so I wanted some features I couldn't find in the less expensive HFGH and Rions, in particular relatively high side wall heights, heating and cooling systems for North Carolina, a frame that supports a large footprint without central supports, and more widely spaced supports (6' vs 2'). Those are things I found in companies that make commercial greenhouses. One trade off is that it took longer to put up -- my husband did all of that but it took several months. Part of that was foundation work and running all the utilities, but the company was great with respect to technical support as we built it. I'll definitely have higher utility costs using it year round, but it will be worth it. Depending on what size you're looking for and how you're planning to use it, you might think about looking at school or institutional greenhouse packages from commercial suppliers, like I did.

• tominnh
    14 years ago

Checkout BCGreenhouses.com

Bought one last spring and it's great. We just had a horrible storm come through New England a week or so back. Very hight winds and tons of rain. A local town clocked the winds at 91 MPH and the greenhouse did wonderful No issues. BC's service is top notch. Cannot say enough about them. We bought a Cape Cod and had no issues with snow. The steep pitch caused the snow to slide right off.