Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cedar Built Greenhouses

Posted by diva_d 2 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 11:54

We've been comparing greenhouses and are seriously thinking about a Cedar Built from BC. These are beautiful, but a big investment. I noticed that several years ago there was some discussion of this manufacturer. I would like opinions, recommendations, etc. regarding these GH. Have they stood the test of time? How satisfied are you with your product? What type of warranty did you receive from this company?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cedar Built Greenhouses

Rather than retype, please see the link below for my opinion.

Here is a link that might be useful: greenhouse

o

Great timing as I'm researching different ones and what the warranties are for the long term.
A bit steep in price though.

Julia

o

i'm not sure about the particular company that you are looking at, but it has always been my understanding that cedar is a wonderful building material for greenhouses. it's extremely rot resistant and will last longer than even treated wood. your other option could be to build your own with cedar boards if you have them available locally. in most cases, it is less expensive to build your own than to buy a kit. then again, a warranty is always a nice thing to have when you are making such a big investment.

o

Googling I found some on Growers Supply store.

What size did you need?

Click some on the page and you can see some warranty documents. Looks like 5 years.

Peace, Miwa.
The Japanese Gardener

Here is a link that might be useful: Cedar Greenhouse

o

I agree with ncdaydreams

I find cedar to be well worth the investment. It's naturally resistant to decay, rot, and insect attack. While other synthetic materials may have those same attributes, Cedar is the only natural material that is going to give so much back for your investment.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here