Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickl144

Lean-to greenhouse recommendations?

rickl144
14 years ago

Hi all,

I've usually hung around the rose forum, but now am thinking of getting a lean-to greenhouse to attach to the south side of my garage, so here I am to avail myself of your wisdom!

I want a greenhouse that will enable me to grow veggies during the winter (tomatoes?), and hopefully be warm enough to relax in (sweater optional) on days when it is in the 20's or 30's outside.

I have gotten a quote from National Greenhouse Co. for a 10'x15' "Cultivator Elite" model, and also checked out Florian's website. Since I want a greenhouse to look good as part of my house and have enduring construction, I think I should buy from a pro and not try to do it myself.

Could you share any recommendations for sources of excellent quality at a good price? If it makes a differnce, the top of the greenhouse will have to mount underneath the garage eve, so I reckon I will have to sink the floor of the greenhouse below grade and use a kneewall. Comments on the importance of insulated glass and supplemental heat sources are valued, too!

Rick

Comments (2)