Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda_utah

Low hoop tunnel frost cover fabric questions

linda_utah
14 years ago

frostproof.com offers 1.5 oz. N-sulate frost protection fabric. The company states this fabric allows 60% to 70% light transmission.

I really would like to go with this heavier than usual fabric, IF the light transmission is adequate. I plan to use it on low hoop tunnels and leave it up all season to (hopefully) keep the deer from decimating my garden, and to extend the season. Although our summers are pretty hot and sunny, we can and have had frost in May and August. The early fall frosts often are followed by good Indian Summer temps into December. We also can have extremely windy days/nights. Gusts of 35 to 50 mph are not uncommon, with occasional 70 mph. We also sometimes have sustained winds in the 30's, especially in May.

Opinions on using this fabric, please? I'm especially curious re: light transmission and heat buildup in the summer.

Thanks to all who have helped me with other questions I've posted re: low hoop tunnels the past couple of weeks. Although I used to garden in Montana, I find gardening here much more challenging!

Here is a link that might be useful: N-sulate fabric

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor