Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got our 1st greenhouse!!

Posted by berry-nut 4b-SouthWestWI (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 26, 10 at 16:36

Hi All,
We finally got a greenhouse (sort of). It's actually a used GardenMart 2000 21X66. Our local Wal-Mart decided they were tired of killing plants and wanted to get rid of what they had. We got it for $1600 and got a 21X30 for $800. They came with everything (full shelving, brackets, 600 concrete blocks, even plastic trays to hold pots). I know we'll have to some mods to make it work. We've been looking for a long time and by being patient it fell into our laps. Can't wait to get it up and running.

Bye
Jake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got our 1st greenhouse!!

You will enjoy it once it's assembled! Nice find!
Brendasue

o

Hi Jake! Great bargains! I too, have a GardenMart frame. 21x30. We haven't built it yet, we only have the metal framing. So I'm reading anything and everything I can get my hands on before we put it up. Placement, plastic?, shelves? heat?, questions, questions, questions. I'm concerned that it may be too tall, but then again, never had one before and know nothing about it. Any info would be appreciated. Thx.

o

Hi regina,

We like ours, we placed ours east-west and have a single layer of 6 mil poly on it. I like the height, it allows for the higher side openings. Granted it makes heating a much tougher prospect. We want to try growing tomatoes, peppers, and cukes in there during summer. Our problem will be keeping it from getting too hot. We have some fans but they won't be enough, we're looking into shade cloth. We like the shelving, and it is heavy duty.

Jake

o

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Sat, May 22, 10 at 19:17

Congratulations. That's about $15,000 worth of greenhouses when purchased new!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here