Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's it worth

Posted by berry-nut 4b-SouthWestWI (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 15, 10 at 21:45

Hi All,
I have a line on a Polytex garden mart 21 x 30 that's about 10 years old. It's in good shape, no rust, new plastic last year and it comes with all of the shelving. It also has slide sides (polycarbonate). I want it for a small greenhouse. I'm asking "what is it worth". Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's it worth

It would sell new for about 4400.00 to 6400.00 plus freight depending on which bench setup it has. Unless it has wind damage or something I would say it's worth whatever you feel it is. We have some that are at least 15 years old and have been put up and down every year. I would probably consider the slides as not usable just in case they are rough shape. Parts are easy and quick from Polytex. These are not really made as growing houses, but with some mods they could make a decent one, like inflated roof and maybe better sealing on sides etc.

o
RE: What's it worth

Thanks for the reply randallpink,
I did know what they worth new, just trying to get an idea of what a reasonable offer would be for a used one in good shape. Money is hard to come by. It looks fairly easy to modify into a greenhouse. If I can get a deal on it. Just asking for objective opinions since I have been looking for over a year, and my desire is reaching a fever pitch, I just wanted to make a fair offer for this bid.

Thanks again
Jake

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here