Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fruitpip

Can you grow Jasmine in a greenhouse?

fruitpip
10 years ago

So, I've always had this idea to have an awesome rose/jasmine garden so i can harvest flowers and rosehips for tea and also because they smell wonderful. I live in Florida so this was very possible, but I just found land I'm in love with in Canada (zone 4a I think?)

I tried google searches and literally found nothing on if you can grow Jasmine in a greenhouse.. My Idea would be to have a small cabin and build a greenhouse on the south side of it, with doors you can open from the house so all the awesome flower smells can get in and so the house keeps the greenhouse a little warm since the weather is insanely cold in Canada (at least the city I want to live in, Miramichi in New Brunswick)..

Has anyone ever grown roses and or jasmine in a green house? How would it get pollinated? There's a purple jasmine plant outside of my house and it's literally ALWAYS covered in bees and butterflies.... I though I could possible just add butterflies to the greenhouse.. and have a magical butterfly garden but since I have cats I figured that might end in a massacre lol.

Thank you for your input! I only grow vegetables and have no experience with flowers :)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths