Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenhouse exhaust fan

Posted by barbrich54 SC (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 20:47

Hi All,
My husband and I have just about finished our 12X12 greenhouse and I need to know how high to install the exhaust fan. The walls are 8 ft high, and the center pitch is around 10 ft high. Could the fan go in the 7-8 ft section or does it need to go as high as we can get it. Also, does it matter if it is on the South side (front) or the North side (back) blowing air out? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenhouse exhaust fan

It may depend on the location of make-up air to create a more even flow.
In general, it may not be very critical. You may try to make some smoke inside and see how the air current flows.

dcarch

o

I'm still learning.

o

My benches are 3 foot off the ground and my exhaust is right above the bench. my intake is at the same level at the other side of the greenhouse. I have the exhaust fan on a thermostat and a motorized damper on the intake. When the temp rises the fan kicks on and the damper opens automaticly. What i also do is have two circulating fans up high to get the hot air off the peak and aim downward.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here