Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My HFGH 10X12, is still standing after 80 mph, wind gusts

Posted by bigpuff 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 14, 09 at 12:27

We just had our first major spring storm last night.I just completed my 10X12 HFGH It came through in great shape after our storm ended here in central IL.Thanks to the expert help from the many postings on this fine site. My name is Dale I am a College student ,I am majoring in horticulture and landscape design, I'm due to graduate this December. I am also a 57 year old stroke survivor. I have no use of my left hand or arm. I walk with a cane I wear a brace on my left leg also.Part of my sight is gone in both of my eyes. But life is good , I love my new greenhouse.and my great neighbor who helped me build my greenhouse. If any one wold care to see any photos of this project, I would be glad to post some pictures.

BigPuff aka Dale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My HFGH 10X12, is still standing after 80 mph, wind gusts

I would love to see pics of your GH. :)

o

Hi Dale I would also love to see pictures of your greenhouse. I have 2-10X12 HFGH together back to back and they have withstood alot of storms down here in Belleview, FL. The is a thread on here that has a lot of pictures of my project if you are interested.
Funnylady aka Carol

o

• Posted by mudhouse Las Cruces NM zone 8 (My Page) on
    Fri, May 15, 09 at 12:56

Hello Dale, I'd also enjoy seeing photos of your greenhouse! Good heavens, 80mph gusts is a very impressive wind speed to survive. We have bad winds here, but I am a bit relieved that my 10x12 has not been tested to that degree yet!

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation, as well as your wonderful attitude about the undeniably precious value of our daily lives. I agree entirely. :-)
mudhouse aka Sheri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here