Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
growing plants for sale this fall

Posted by bigvegnut 5 (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 12:38

I'm just starting to get into the business and just finished my greenhouse. Its a 20' x 96'.My question is what would you start to grow now to sell this fall besides mums?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: growing plants for sale this fall

cart before the horse, no? I kid!

Question really is, what do people in YOUR area want? You'll need to troll the farmers markets and local growers to see what the demand is, or if you can create a demand for something not being grown. I wish I had a bigger greenhouse. Yours is 10x bigger than mine :)

o

I would say FILL IT UP NOW!!!

Seed lots of basil now, sell when mature along with pesto recipes, and pesto freezing instructions.

Plant some heat tolerant lettuce.

Seed some cucumber plants, they come up quickly, go with unique varieties...maybe some of the long cucumber varieties.

Add shade cloth to the greehouse.

Buy a few flats of peppers and tomato plants from local nurseries and plant them in the greenhouse.

Maybe a flat of eggplant, and other?

For $100 you could get quite a few plants in that greenhouse this week!! Flats of vegetable seedlings here in Eastern PA are 17.50 a flat. 5 Flats of vegetable plants should start to fill your greenhouse.

o

I don't know why, but I feel like building a 1,920 sq. ft greenhouse. I don't know what I will do with it, but I'm sure somebody will have a good idea!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here