Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brighton Greenhouses?

Posted by Doteman West Coast (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 12 at 13:31

Has anyone purchased a Brighton greenhouse? I have seen them on a few review sites but I haven't see anyone who's actually purchased one speak up. I'd like a little background info if anyone has any.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brighton Greenhouses?

I don't have experience with this particular greenhouse, but I did look at their web site and their online video (see link below), and it looks like a decent greenhouse, given the low price. Of course at this entry point the aluminum extrusions are going to be fairly light, and you can tell from the video that the glazing is pretty light-gauge, too. However, for the money, I'd say "Not bad at all." My key concern would be if you were in a place with wind or hale. Strong wind can blow out some greenhouse panels, or even overturn the structure if it is not secured to the ground, so I would find out about that. I would also want to know how easy it would be to replace cracked or broken glazing panels since they look like they are a proprietary shape with a molded edge to add some rigidity (although you might be able to get a flat piece at a plastics shop that would substitute adequately). Lastly, the 5 year warranty is an encouraging sign.

There are a lot of threads in this forum about the Harbor Freight greenhouse, which is a good deal, but fits together poorly, has poor instructions, needs modifications to provide adequate service, has marginal customer service, and doesn't have much of a warranty. If it were me, just based on what I can determine online, the Brighton looks like a better alternative. If you do buy this, I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brighton greenhouse

o
RE: Brighton Greenhouses?

I own one and love it. For the price it was the best option. I own 3 entry level greenhouses similar to this one, and they all were priced about the same but the mixture of the translucent panels on top and the clear on the sides makes this a clear winner.

I use this one for tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumber, eggplant, dill, fennel, basil, and Italian parsley. I am short, but if you are taller you might want to get something with a taller roof. But in the starter greenhouse category I would say this this is your best bet for any price under $1300.

Here is a link that might be useful: heres where I purchased my greenhouse

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here