Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cadillactaste

If a fan is used...how does one vent it outside for ventilation

cadillactaste
9 years ago

I was looking into FAQ's area and found this to be quite helpful to a point. But left a question...

"One of the simplest and best ways to ventilate your greenhouse is to provide natural air flow across your greenhouse at a high level and a low level if possible. This can be accomplished with windows, doors, vents, or fans. If you are using a plastic covering on your greenhouse you can remove a portion or gather it up to provide side ventilation.
Fans can be as inexpensive as a box fan purchased at a �super� store or a specialty exhaust fan.
A couple of tips are to place your fan high for more efficient cooling and position it to pull the air across the length of the greenhouse and then exhaust it to the outside."

If one would use a fan...how does one go about venting outdoors? I have an enclosed gazebo...with windows. I worry abut wintertime ventilation. For warm weather I could easily open a few windows for a good cross breeze.

The gazebo currently has a hot tub in it that doesn't get much use. So we have given away the hot tub, and are awaiting for the new owners to take ownership of it. Once they do that...we will begin the work on the gazebo to make it something of a garden room to create a cool greenhouse for temperate bonsai.

Comments (4)