Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cadillactaste

Some ideas please...raised gazebo into a gardeners dream.

cadillactaste
9 years ago

We currently have a hot tub in the gazebo. But...my husband has given it away. (Waiting on ones to come pick it up) With my small hobby of bonsai...along with having MUCH yard decorative items that need brought in during winter...or even when strong winds and hail are being called for. I have no place to store everything. So he decided to give me a garden room. (His wording) Not to get confused with a sunroom. We have one and he doesn't want furniture to sit on out there...but...a place to store all my "junk" so to speak that I have. Along with maybe a heater and keeping some plants in there during the winter. Making it more of a cold house...it is raised

That said...with all those windows...And it raised and attached to our deck. I don't want it looking like a shed with things tossed in there. I also like distressed primitive furniture like potting tables with old windows used in the style for making them. Curious if a three walled built potting table...with having the bottom enclosed with shutter doors or something to start. Not sure about a built in...or one that could be moved out. Or even sold if I decide to change things up later.

That said...anyone have any cute ideas they used...they might wish to share with me. If you have a photo attached...even better!

Thanks...ahead of time for allowing me to pick your brain. At this time...since our hot tub was built in. It will be almost a complete gut job. Other than the beaded soffit ceiling with lighting.

For my glass plate flowers...I am contemplating some sort of plate hangers that will display them verses my wrapping them up in bubble wrap and boxing them in our cottage next door that we bought to use as a garage and storage.

Again...I don't wish it to look like a garden shed...since when ones walk up the front steps they can peer inside the gazebo windows. I want it to look like a charming planned out garden space...possibly cold house/green house. Since talk of a heater will be going out there as well. But...being realistic...all those windows...even the closed floor with wind off the lake front we have...winters are cold and we fight as it is to keep our sunroom a comfortable temp for us skin folk as well as a few tropical plants I do own. No way will we be able to keep it warmer than in the 50's is my thinking...being realistic.