Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
greenhouse for events

Posted by ashad116 none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 11:04

Hello -

My husband and I are in the very initial research stage of building a greenhouse to use for events such as weddings. We are very overwhelmed with what we would need or wouldn't need for this type of facility. We wouldn't be growing or selling plants/flowers. Just have beautiful landscaping for an indoor garden look. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Thank-you so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: greenhouse for events

Your greenhouse event center sounds very much like some retail garden centers. They are in greenhouses, have nice plants all around, and cater to relatively large numbers of people looking around. Start with some tours of several of these garden centers to get an idea of what all is involved. The garden center manager should be able to give you many do's and don'ts. Even though you mention "not growing... plants" , you would be if you have an indoor garden look. Yours would have many fewer plants and more open area for tables and chairs, but the climate controls, etc. would be similar to a retail garden center, I suspect.

o
RE: greenhouse for events

A couple of places I know of that grow plants also host weddings and events. They have areas that can be easily arranged to accomodate different activities, and probably use the plants they are selling as the decorations. If you do not plan to sell plants, you will still be needing to grow or buy some, so there might be some motivation to have a sales business also.
Renais

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here