Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sliding doors

Posted by buckhorn CO (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 27, 09 at 19:06

I have a 30'X96' hoop house. The endwalls are constructed out of wood with a 12'W X 8'H door opening on each end. I would like to hang wood framed sliding doors covered with salvaged poly. The doors would be 6'W X 8'H and slide out from the middle. My problem is i can't find cheap door rail tract and rollers for doors this size. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sliding doors

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 28, 09 at 1:47

What's your budget? You'll have to spend a moderate amount for something functional. I have two ideas:
1) If the doors are relatively light, you can get regular hang track at the big box stores for $20 for an 80" length. Two of these and 3-4 rollers per door should work fine.
2) If the doors are heavier, try the link below for heavier duty hardware at fairly reasonable prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmtek door hardware

o

pocket door hardware holds 200#

o

When two 6' doors are both slid all the way open the total track length will be 24'! How do you propose supporting each door out beyond the greenhouse wall?
If you really require a 12' opening then perhaps a hinged pair of doors each supported by a wheel on the ground running on a concrete curb or track,

o

He did mention in the OP that his hoophouse is 30 ft wide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here