Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newgen_gw

Any difference between these 2 HF GH?

newgen
9 years ago

Photo, description, price are the same. The item numbers differ: 93358 & 69893. I'm about to order one.
Thanks,

Comments (9)

• mudhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Model 69893 is the newer version of the Harbor Freight 10x12 kit. Model 93358 is the older version of the Harbor Freight 10x12 kit (I have this one.)

There have been some small changes to some of the parts (doors, floor plates, ceiling plates) and the shape of some of the back panels have changed. I'm not really sure what spurred these changes, and I honestly don't know why one would be any better than the other.

That said, I guess I'd probably choose the newer model, only because it seems logical that HF might discontinue replacement parts for the older kit, before they discontinue parts for the newer version.

The manuals are a bit different for the two versions. If you get your kit and some of the parts don't seem to match what's shown in the manual, you can download the correct one from the HF website. (I've had a few emails from folks with confusion resulting from having the wrong manual.)

• mudhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Adding a link to our blog about building our Harbor Freight greenhouse, in case any of this info is helpful to you.

Building our Harbor Freight 10x12 greenhouse

• newgen
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you mudhouse! Great blog, will help lots of people with this greenhouse thing.

• mudhouse_gw
    9 years ago

You're very welcome, good luck with your greenhouse!

• oldlady59
    9 years ago

Hay hi newgen, Igot my 10 X 12 GH in Febr with coupon. Knew to go through and make sure all parts was there according to the last pages of the manual. Some of the polycarbinete panels was damaged, called Harbor Freight, they told me to bring them to the store and they'd replace them by just opening up another kit. I thought that was great but finally seven months later I have found enough time to get this GH done. There was one thing I regretted that I didn't do and that was to inspect ALL parts. The groove on the door where the rubber fit in was crushed and the rubber couldn't go all the way where it belonged. It was way past the 90 day warranty of course so I had to work at fixing that the best I could. So heads up while your going through your list to make sure everything is there in your kit check out for damage too.

• newgen
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much mudhouse and oldlady59 for pointing that out, much appreciated! I have another question:

I'm planning on putting the GH adjacent to my house. How much space do I need (between GH wall and my house's wall) to allow for ease of installing the panels and general maintenance in the future?

This post was edited by newgen on Fri, Sep 5, 14 at 23:04

• nekobus
    9 years ago

You can probably get away with only about 3 feet, assuming you can install the ceiling panels from a ladder placed inside the GH (that's what I did on my 6x8 HFGH.) And assuming that the GH is south of the house, of course, so that it will get enough light.

Also check your local building codes -- we've got to have 10 feet between any freestanding structure and the house here in MA, if I remember right.

• rjinga
    9 years ago

ah, coming back here after being away so long, feels like revisiting with family! I see the same names and the same great support is still in full swing.. (how are you mud? I have missed our communications).

I do have a question, since someone commented here about getting replacement parts...I have the 10x12, older version I"m sure..lol, and I have lost a full side panel! we had some wicked winds lately and It seems to be gone...I need a new panel and I need clips.. any thoughts?

• mudhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Hey rjinga, good to see you pop up here. Hope you have been well! Sorry about the panel loss, though.

I'd just hop on the phone with Harbor Freight (1-800-444-3353) and order another wall panel, and some extra clips. The Wall Panel for the 93358 version of the 10x12 (that's the older one) is Part 58, in case you no longer have your manual handy.

Last time I checked, the clips can be purchased either in bags of 72 or 130:

SKU number 27339, set of 72 clips, $9.99
    SKU number 29457, set of 130 clips, $15.99

They can quote you the panel cost and shipping costs when you order. In my experience their shipping cost for the panels is very reasonable. Several years ago the cost for one wall panel was $10.51, but it may have increased by now.

(Of course you remember my incessant nagging about putting one or two screws through the panels into the frame, once it arrives.) :-)

Garden on!