Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
williammorgan

Twin-Wall Corrugated Plastic

williammorgan
9 years ago

http://www.growerssupply.com/farm/supplies/prod1;gs_greenhouse_covering-gs_greenhouse_polycarbonate;pg102948.html

I was thinking about a greenhouse project to extend the season and get a jump start next year. I have a raised bed approximately 20x12 feet and about 18-20 inches high.

If I were to build a greenhouse over this bed using the plastic mentioned above what can I expect over the winter months? Would the soil freeze? Our lowest lows go down to about 0 but sometimes as low as -5 to -10(rare).

Would the peppers currently in the bed and tomatoes definitely die? I've never used a greenhouse material which claims an R value of 2.

Certainly additional things could be added such as bubble wrap or even an outer insulation layer.

Winter is such a dreadful time I want to see if I can make things grow even if it's just a couple of plants. I know they'd need additional light as the days will get very short. I may be able to supply some lighting. Lighting will generate heat.

Anyone ever use this stuff or similar? Just looking for a cheap alternative to polycarbonate or Solexx.