Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

Source for shed windows...

I usually post on GW's That Home Site's "Building" forum but have jumped over here to share some that info some of you might want/need...

DH and I recently decided to add an outbuilding (not heated/cooled) on our property. We wanted to put some windows in it for natural light because we would not have electricity. But when I went looking for windows, I found it is now almost impossible to find windows that are NOT double-paned, insulated, High-E glass, etc. I really didn't want to spend that kind of money for shed windows that just needed to be able to let light and an occasional breeze in while keeping rain and unwanted critters out. LOL! After reviewing threads here to find out where you all get your shed windows, it looked like everybody pretty much re-purposes old, single pane windows when they build a shed. That would have been fine, so I tried looking at our local Habitat Re-Store for some but they have quit stocking them b/c local building codes require double pane. I then checked craigslist but still no luck.

But, after much searching I finally found an internet source for simple single pane shed windows for what I considered a reasonable price. With some trepidation b/c you just never know with internet companies, I ordered four crank-out windows with interior screens.

I'm happy to report that the windows arrived on time, were well packed, and were exactly "as advertised." So, just in case you're looking for windows for a new shed and can't find any, I can recommend ShedWindowsandMore.com.

You do have to call to actually place your order. They don't have an online form - but TheresaS was very very nice, answered all my questions and took my order. The only problem I ran into was that she must have written my email address down incorrectly (switched two letters in my name) b/c I didn't get my order confirmation via email as promised. That cause me a bit of worry but when I called back, we were able to straighten that out.

Overall, it was a good buying experience for a product that is getting pretty difficult to find.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shed Windows and More

Comments (2)