Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doteman

Grandio Greenhouse

Doteman
10 years ago

So I've been seeing a ton of write ups on the Grandios. I've seen a few videos and read some reviews. From what I can see it's a great Greenhouse. It also looks like they only come in two sizes. I'm looking to replace my broken down STC and hope this is the answer. Anyone here have a Grandio? Anyone have any insight?

Comments (11)

• oakhill (zone 9A, Calif.)
    10 years ago

Although I do not own a Grandio, the twin wall polycarbonate construction sounds good. Make sure it is UV protected. Also, the 8X8 only has one roof vent, which may not provide adequate passive ventilation. The larger 8X12 has two roof vents. The automatic roof vent addition would be almost necessary. There does not seem to be any bottom vents, so unless you plan to open the door every morning and close it every evening, you should plan on retrofitting some bottom vents. This is especially true if you are planning on only using passive ventilation.

• preilly
    9 years ago

Hi All:

I am going to be receiving my greenhouse tomorrow! So excited!! I got the Grandio Ascent 8X12. Anyone out there have one of these greenhouses? What are your experiences with it? I had an all glass custom greenhouse when I lived up North however I think this one will be perfect for South Carolina. I do plan on adding electricity to it.
    Thanks for your input :>)

• Bob
    9 years ago

I ordered a Grandio ascent as a retirement present to myself. I assembled it with my wife in a weekend. it has been up since Sept 2014 and has served me well. I was able to keep the greenhouse warm all winter with a small heater and a thermostat. Time will be the judge but this greenhouse has far exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to many years of growing.

• maple_grove_gw
    9 years ago

Bob, Congratulations on the retirement. If I may ask, what king of small heater did you use, and where are you located?

Regards, Alex

• Bob
    8 years ago

Sorry for the delay i need to visit here more often. I used a simple milkhouse heater from Lowes. I also added some foam window seal to the doors and i used silicone to seal the greenhoue at the advise of the people at grandio. I think this helped keep things well controlled. Looking into a more efficient heater for next winter.

• Bob
    8 years ago

Still going strong! second winter in the books growing kale, lettuce, and garlic. Seeds started for spring. No structural problems, but she probably needs a good scrub soon!

• 843ragdoll
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My 8 x 12 Ascent is a little over a year old and I just could not be happier with it. my husband did such a great job of building it and the benches. This photo is from last year, will post more .......hubby made me shelves for grow lights and seed trays.

• ddsack
    8 years ago

Ragdoll, that's a beaut! Hubby did a terrific job, you have a nicer sink area than I have in my house! Must be a joy to work in there.

• 843ragdoll
    8 years ago

Lol....that's too funny but he really did a great job and he Keeps on adding things for me. He just added Two shelves holding grow lights and they sit on three heat mats on the left. After the seedling emerge they get moved to the back area where there are another two grow lights, then I move them to another area (I have to post the pictures) of another shelving area he just made. All is good in the greenhouse

• 843ragdoll
    8 years ago

Here is a couple other pics of the new shelves (gosh they free up a ton of space)

The other great thing is they are not attached to the counter top and can be moved around and stored during the hot SC summers

and what's growing now 2/15/16