Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spam site misleading customers

Posted by googoo_dahl 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 11:39

Hello everyone..
I have a warning for anyone looking for greenhouse plans. Two websites (and a couple of YOU TUBE videos) are stealing images of popular greenhouse manufacturers greenhouse kits and trying to pass them off as examples of their greenhouse plans.
www.buildingagreenhouseplans.com and an affiliate (doorway spam page Google calls them)
www.mygreenhouseplans.com are stealing images of Cedar Built Greenhouse Kits; Santa Barbara Greenhouse kits; Sturdibuilt Greenhouse kits and others then trying to pass them off as the same greenhouses they sell as plans.
I have contacted all three manufacturers to let them know, they have replied to me and are taking appropriate action via Google, Bing and DMCA. This is fraud and copyright violations. Publishers like Bill Keene who owns both sites need to be exposed as fraud artists.
I am not trying to promote any of the above legit websites but people need to know what they are getting into by spending $50.00 for plans and not getting what they expect.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spam site misleading customers

Thanks for the notice. I checked the site you mentioned regarding copied plans for the Cedar Built Greenhouses, which I have built at my home with the kit supplied directly from CBG, but did not see where the other sites had similar plans. The sites you mention may well have them, so your contacting the true manufacturers about this is a very good thing.

o
RE: Spam site misleading customers

Just to make things clear Cedar Built, SturdiBuilt and Santa Barbara don't sell greenhouse plans only kits, what Bill Keene does is show photos of these manufacturers greenhouse kits and misleads people into thinking the plans he sells at http://www.buildingagreenhouseplans.com are the plans for those manufacturers greenhouses. If you go to his site you will see in the "Example Greenhouses" photos of various greenhouse that he uses to mislead potential buyers of his plans. The view from above of a large cedar greenhouse is CedarBuilts greenhouse. On mygreenhouseplans.com there's a photo of a reddish chalet style Sturdi Built greenhouse on the right (article called 10 tips for building a small greenhouse). Two other articles show Santa Barbara greenhouses "construct a greenhouse in your garden" and "is building a greenhouse worth the effort".
There is only one outbound link at the top right with the under greenhouse plans (with the cartoonish figure)
with the caption "click here for instant access".
Comment section is closed which is a tip off as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here