Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squirrellypete

Hudson's setup inspired me.....lighted seed rack work in progress

squirrellypete
11 years ago

Posted this on another forum, thought I'd link it for anyone interested:

I was so excited tonight to see the bones of what will hopefully be a nice setup. I could only afford two ballasts today. Will add at least 2 more lighted tiers before it's finished. I'll post here with updates as it progresses.

Danielle

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathtub Lighted Grow Rack

Comments (2)

• karin_mt
    11 years ago

Now that is clever! A great use of underutilized space, and a bonus that it is in a warm part of your house.

I don't suppose that you could water the whole thing by turning on the shower? (kidding)

Looking forward to seeing little seedlings poking up out of those trays. Oh, and I second Hudson's recommendation for the permanest trays, should you ever run out of the free ones from Lowe's.

• squirrellypete
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, wouldn't it be nice to just turn on the shower and presto!

I definitely want to upgrade to the permanest trays at some point, they look very convenient. In fact, I think I'll put them on my Christmas list! Maybe the family (or Santa) will take care of it for me (fingers crossed).

Even with these freebie flats, I am definitely going to place them inside some kind of tray to keep things tidy, give me the ability to bottom water and also make sure no moisture is going through to the mounted shop lights underneath each tier. These are just plain old El Cheapo Walmart lights and are not rated for wet conditions. I doubt the manufacturer envisioned them going in a bathtub lol.