Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeribeth_gw

Trouble with Rion Assembly

jeribeth
14 years ago

I just got my Rion a few weeks ago and began assembling it. Everything went well, until it came time to assemble the raftors. I went to stretch the cable into the hook provided, as instructions said, and the parts broke! The part where the cable is strung through stripped out (the cable cut a path through it), and the round tubing (R8, I think) on another one snapped. What did I do wrong? I'm hoping Rion will send me new parts. It was extremely tight, and I had to have my husband help me.

Comments (4)

• jeribeth
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Correction: the parts that broke are 5A and E6. I just realized that I strung the cable through the wrong channel, making it tighter than it should have been. Ugh! I hope they can replace my parts!

• boxcar_grower
    14 years ago

Sorry I did not see this post sooner. When I assembled my rion I did the same thing except I did not break anything. The rion istructions are not very clear about the cable for the rafters.

So how did you make out?

I love mine.

• greenhouser2
    14 years ago

I too have a Rion and we found they could have had better instructions. Also, the numbers fell off some parts. I'm going to miss it when I move. :*(

• hpersky
    14 years ago

Greenhouser2, I got a small Rion partly so i could load it on a flatbead when I move. This will be a hell of project, but I do love this greenhouse. Have you thought about moving it?

NOTE: I have NOT tried this!

Hilary