Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Differnet type of green House

Posted by fespo 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 15:43

Hello every. First time post on the green house, long time poster on Garden web. So here is my first question. Has anyone heard of this type of green house?

http://www.prismsolargreenhouses.com/

I found a used one for sale and I was going to look at it this weekend if they still have it. I just never heard of this one or if they are anygood. Any help would be great. Thanks Frank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Differnet type of green House

For the price they are asking for a new one, I would pass and put up a much larger tunnel for a fraction of the price. Never heard of them.

Jay

o

Looks way out on price to me.
Quote:
. "Our small greenhouses are made up of millions of chopped greenhouse quality fibers of fiberglass bond together with a special hot resin mix to cause the solar prism to reflect all available light"
I thought that you wanted the light to go through, not reflect.

o

I would never pay this amout of money for that size greenhouse. I am going to look at a USED one. I was just check to see if anyone heard of these or has used one. Thanks Frank

o
height of the GH

I would like to hear some comments on the height of the green house. Is going to be made of wood and I was thinking to do it around 12 feet high in the center ! Some advice on this, will be appreciated.

o

I have a buddy that has a similar one. There are no shadows and the heat retention is OK, pretty hot in summer but shade cloth keeps it down, they are fairly happy with it, ventilation on theirs might be a tad low. My comment would be since you didn't give price that I wouldn't pay too much for it.

Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here