Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Close to getting my 1st GH

Posted by ontheteam 5a-6 S.Eastern (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 17:52

getting close to getting a GH.. leaning towards Freedom Greenhouse.. Looking for your expert input....What do ya think..? The self tending is a must its for Dh who has memory/medical issues he likes to garden with me but has killed more plants with forgetfulness...to water or vent or close vents then I care to recall...

"The innovative design of our Freedom line of backyard greenhouses results in a totally self-contained, self-tending greenhouse which requires no additional power supply to maintain temperature and watering systems. The easily maintained Freedom Greenhouse is perfect for the household that does not have a gardener home at all times, but still wants to have healthy and vigorous plants.

Automatic ventilation controlled by a thermostat. One side of roof lifts off the frame drawing cooler air in, while hot air escapes through the roof peak.
A manually controlled roof option is also available.
With our automatic version no external power supply needed. A 12v battery and solar charger power the roof opening mechanism and the automatic Q-Wick watering benches.
Automatic watering benches are available.
Manufactured in Maine with eastern white cedar and triple-wall polycarbonate."

Here is a link that might be useful: More info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Close to getting my 1st GH

I like the concept of this greenhouse but from my experience wood is a high maintenance product to use in a greenhouse. High humidity and moisture are not friends to wood products. I elected to go with an all aluminum frame, stainless steel hardware and 8-10mm carbonate panels.

o

My 8 year old cedar/polycarbonate kit greenhouse still looks good and functions very well.

o

Gary, you may not be a typical GH owner. ;-)

Robert

o

cuestaroble....is it a coast of ME one? How do you use it? Are you in NE? Can you tell me about how you use it? Do you heat it ?

o

Robert- I'll take that as a good thing....

Ontheteam- My 10 X 14 gh is from a co. in British Columbia. I am in the sierra foothills of California. I use it to grow vegetables inside, as well as propagating ornamentals for planting outside. It has a 1500 W electric heater and about 400 gallons of water storage under the bench on one side. Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here