Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corrugated clear plastic/polycarbonate panels?????

Posted by fortisi876 Z6NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 15, 10 at 20:08

Hello all!

I'm looking to source some corrugated clear plastic panels, anyone know where they sell some?

I just built a shed and would like to use this stuff for the most upper part of the gable peak to bring in some daylight.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corrugated clear plastic/polycarbonate panels?????

I think Home Depot has one called Suntuf.

o

I would think any lumber yard that sells to rural areas would have clear plastic corrugated panels for pole barns. I know mine does.

Curt

o

Lowes sells Tuftex, corrugated polycarbonate panels, in their roofing department. This will be my greenhouse roof, come springtime.

Connie

o

Thanks for all the replies folks, I opted to just close up the gables with the siding for now. The stuff recommended above I was already aware of, that's more of a roofing product, the stuff I was looking for is the panels they use on the side of those plastic paneled greenhouses.
Click below for pic....

Here is a link that might be useful: panel

o

We bought polycarbonate panels .24 inch thick, forget what dimensions but somewhat like a plywood sheet. Then we cut it to use for walls in our sun porch, and clerestory windows in our northside closet and tub bumpout. Not corrugated. No UV filtering. No coloration.

We found it at a local plastics dealer. The one in Mobile is called Ala-Fla Plastics, but some similar suppliers are probably all over the country.

Just run a quick search on POLYCARBONATE SHEETS or POLYCARBONATE PANELS, and choose the one in your area that you are familiar with.

Pay particular attention to expansion requirements with larger sized panels.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In this photo, the upper panels are about 2 x 6 feet and the lowers are about 2 x 2...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Your picture +looks more like double walled polycarb rather than corrugated. Corrugated has a "roofing" type wave. Your picture looks like it is flat. Call CASSCO in Montgomery, Alabama @ 1.800.962.1922. They may be able to help you locate someone in Jersey. Also, www.palram.com. Palram is the Suntuf company. If you are going to use the real corrugated polycarb, I suggest the Palram Suntuf product. The make a polycarb ridge cap which will cover the ridge at the top of the roof. Tuftex does not have the ridge cap. The two products are a different profile and the Suntuf ridge cap will not fit the Tuftex panels.

o

Thank you for all the additional posts/info, since the weather was getting cold I decided to just cover the gables with the side paneling for now. I'll look into picking something up in the spring. Thnx again folks, can always rely on the G.W. to get some answers!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Greenhouses & Garden Structures Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here