Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandond_gw

Growing Spinach in the greenhouse?

brandond
12 years ago

Hey everyone. I'm growing spinach in my greenhouse. Im in the early phases of growing spinach. I have two flats of seed that has germainated and is around 4 inches tall. I have been running my fluorescent lights 24-7 just above the flats. I plan on transplanting the spinach to a 20x36 in container. I have some granite thats one inch thick. I have a heating mat that is specific for germinated seeds. If I were to take the heating mat and place it down first, then lay the granite on top of it,followed by the container filled with a grow mix and the spinach, would this work? In terms of plants, I have around 40 plants. My theory is the granite holds heat very well. I wouldnt haven to heat the air in the greenhouse either. I thought about trying 50 degrees with the heat mat and seeing what that does. THis should be enough spinach for myself and my wife this winter. If anyone has tried this or has advice please let me know. I also bought some shultz liquid fertilizer to spray the plants occasionly. thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022