Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magnoliasouth

Best Android gardening and planning app?

magnoliasouth
9 years ago

Hello all! I've been searching for the perfect app for planning my gardening this year. Surely there has to be one for Android. The only substantial "best of" lists have only iPhone apps. I will never own an iPhone in my life. Not even if they give me one for free.

I would really love to find an app that has the following features:
1. ID weeds
2. Plan gardening space
3. Tracking work done and what needs to be done.
4. Allow notes for each plant.
5. Tracking plant growth and makes a graph.
6. Watering/fertilizing scheduler.
7. Pest ID
8. Info based on zone.
* Not required but nice to have: Photo logging.

I can find an app that does one or two of my requirements, but not one that does them all. I'd be willing to pay a small fee for a fully featured app, but I can't seem to find one. Surely they are out there! I'd rather not have 5-8 apps when I could have a single one.

Any suggestions? What do you all use? I'm ready to ditch the paper because what is great about apps and computers in general, is the way you can view everything and keep it organized.

Comments (16)

• magnoliasouth
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm assuming your tablet runs on Android then? If it's iOS then this list may suit your needs, it's the one I spoke of in my earlier post. My problem is that most of those, if not all (I can't remember now), are not Android.

I'm really surprised that I can't find anything decent like this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trend Alert: 10 Essential Gardening Apps (mostly for iOS) to Download Now

• beachgirlonli
    9 years ago

I am not sure if you tried this app but I have the Burpee app on my tablet...I do not think it does everything but it is a great app to have...also Farmer's Almanac/Mother Earth News might have what you are looking for....

• funkycamper
    9 years ago

I don't have an answer. Just marking my spot so I can follow this discussion. I would love such an Android app, too. Preferably something that also has a web interface that syncs between phone, tablet and laptop.

• gardenandlearn
    9 years ago

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jee.green
    This app looks promising, it might not have all the features you want. but it seems like it's on the right track. Let me know if it works out!

• gardenandlearn
    9 years ago

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jee.green
    This app looks promising, it might not have all the features you want. but it seems like it's on the right track. Let me know if it works out!

• Elizabeth Bukys
    8 years ago

I'm running into the exact same problem and was strongly considering developing my own just because it's something I'd use (can't find a single one that does plant placement, for example). What do you mean by "photo logging" out of curiosity?

• soniaarseneau_sa
    8 years ago

I am working on a project like that at the moment it's so exciting

• Lee Williams
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Grow veg is not on android yet but will be worth the wait. It has drag And drop planting, calendar, reminder notification, tips

• Jesse Morton
    7 years ago

Tended App is an option that works on phones, tablets, and desktops and does about half of what you're looking for: https://www.tendedapp.com It lets you visually design a garden (including across different seasons, so you could keep track for crop rotation purposes), track your inputs and outputs, and see reports about your growing. There's also basic task management on a calendar view, the ability to upload photos, and it lets you see other gardeners' layouts as well. Check it out!

• karkalos314
    7 years ago

I found the following and seems pretty nice. Of course does not have all the features that you have asked... but it has notifications!!! :-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GVKSoftware.sowingcalendar#details-reviews

• Olga Ellison
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

It's nice to have the application that reminds
    about watering the plants. On android I have installed "Lucky Plants:
    Watering manager" download Lucky Plants
    So now I'm happy and don't forget about watering
    my flowers)

• Brad Crawford
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I am the creator of www.planmy.garden. It doesn't solve all of your requests, but it does give you #2, 3, 4, 5 & 6. #8 is coming and you can record as many photos as you like. It is web-based and designed for mobile so will work just fine on Android. Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

• Karla Lujan
    4 years ago

Just use acmarket apk

• HU-711630569
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

This is a great application I downloaded it at https://androidrub.com, thank you.

• Isaque Mohammed
    3 years ago

'Garden Manager' is a pretty good app and can be used for most of the things that you require.

Although some features are paid, I think is absolutely worth the money.