Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soaker hose won't drip

Posted by gardeningannie 06 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 14:32

Last year I installed two connected soaker hoses and pinned below mulch. They worked quite well until DH accidently ran a spade through one of them.

Waited until this week to replace the cut hose and connect it to the old one, but there's a problem I don't understand.

The old hose is hooked directly to the spicket and the new hose is hooked to the old hose. When turned on, water easily flows through the old hose and readily drips from the new hose. But no matter how long it's on, not a single drip comes from the old hose.

I took a wet paper towel and rubbed it over a small area of the old hose to attempt to remove any barrier or dust or dirt, but it made no difference.

I'm guessing that every single hole in the old hose is clogged (?) and that I need to do something different to open them up. Has anyone experienced this and if so, what did you do? Thanks !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soaker hose won't drip

It sure sounds like mineral deposits or build-up, & the only products that I can think of for removing minerals are harsh & expensive & it seems like it would be difficult to use them on a soaker hose;
I think I'd just replace the hose.

maybe re-cycle the old one for something else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here