Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Comfrey Tea Viability

Posted by aquariuzen none (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 8:51

I made a comfrey tea solution at the end of last years garden season. I let it brew for probably a little too long, maybe 8 weeks. I strained it and kept it on the porch through winter. And now that its garden season, I'm ready to use it......but should I? I know a lot of sites say that if the tea is foul smelling then don't use it because it could have anaerobic conditions that could kill your plants, BUT comfrey tea always smells foul, right?? Does comfrey tea go bad? Or is the smelly batch I have able to be used? Thanks so much for your input.

This is my first post, but I've been following all you genius gardeners for awhile. Thanks for all you do!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Comfrey Tea Viability

It sounds like all the microbial life has died, but you can still use it as a soil amendment or add it to the compost pile.

For this season I think I'd start a new batch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here