Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QuikCret Edging Quick!

Posted by pookiejean z9 TX (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 08 at 19:39

I went on a recent garden tour and saw a vegetable garden edging was that a great idea. The owner had placed bags of QuikCret in a rectangular area to make a small raised bed. He had stacked the UNOPENED bags (offset) two bags high. As rain and moisture seeped into the bags, they hardened into concrete blocks the size of the bags. The paper packaging also disintegrated, leaving the blocks looking like stone. He had also taken re-bar and stuck two down into each bag (beforehand when the bags were soft) to keep the blocks from shifting. Using re-bar wouldn't have to be done, though. I thought "How cool!"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QuikCret Edging Quick!

cool

o

Great idea

I suppose you could "repackage" the concrete to get other sizes and shapes if you wanted. Lunch bags and cardboard tubes come to mind (although double bagging or wrapping with newspaper might be needed to keep it more stable until the concrete sets up)

o

I love this idea and I think I'll try it...I'll just have to find a permanent spot for it! Do you have any pic's pookiejean?

o

cool

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here