Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
transplanting lilly of valley

Posted by cmw25 NC z7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 03 at 20:54

I have discovered lilly of the valley grwoing in a sunny bed. how would i bset go about transplanting them to a sahdy spot in the garden?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: transplanting lilly of valley

Just dig around a bunch and plant in newly prepared hole in shady spot. I once dug up a patch of these growing around my foundation so we could install a drainage pipe. We were not careful at all. The next spring, here comes the lily of the valleys in all their glory as if nothing ever happened. You do not have to be gentle with these. They are rather invasive too. Good luck.

o

I agree with anitamo. Very Strong! We wanted to completely clear out a bed so we removed all flowers, dug out all the dirt and roots, layed plastic and finally a thick layer of mulch was applied. Sure enough, this spring, Lily of the Valley is back.

o

• Posted by weebus Z8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 7, 03 at 19:12

Just wait and you won't have to X plant them, they'll make it there on their own.

o

I found a stray from who knows where under a shub and I thought OH HOW NICE and planted in a bed of violets. It's two years now and the violets are gone and taken over. I love them though...

o

Hi, i am new to all this and I need some help. My mother in law is going to bring me some Lilly of the valley at the end of the month and I have no idea where to plant them. I have found through out all the forums that they can come up through driveways, side walks, and almost anything. I wanted to plant some of them next to my house under my bay window and the rest were going to go into the back yard around my gazebo. Is this a good idea? In both spots they will be around no other flowers (I've already decided against that idea) LOL. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here