Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Origami newspaper pots

Posted by lilacs_of_may 5/6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 07 at 1:36

I found a set of instructions on the net for making an origami pot without glue, staples, or tape. The only trouble is, it doesn't work! The instructions are almost impossible to understand, and none of my attempts looked anything like the pictures.

The irony of this is that I do origami. I have a couple dozen paper cranes looking at me right now. But this set of instructions made no sense at all.

Does anyone know how to make an origami pot? I'm trying to get away from peat pots and find something that truly is biodegradable when you plant it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Origami newspaper pots

Try looking under Newspaper Pots. There are several websites with instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Newspaper Pots

o

I too was super confused about the origami instructions. Made the newspaper pots and had great success. Did use a 1" strip of adhesive tape to secure the bottom.

Good luck.
Rosie

o

I know this thread is pretty old, but I found these origami newspaper pots that are easy to do. The only downfall is two of the sides of the pot will become flimsy when wet because they are single layers, but put a bunch of these pots into a flat & they will support each other long enough for transplanting. I used half-of-a-half page of newspaper to make the size of pots I like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Origami Pots

o

I just cut strips of newspaper 3-4" wide and maybe 12" long. (Cannot remember exact measurements because the strips are at work and I'm at home.) Then I take a fish food container, the kind that tropical fish flakes come in. Wrap the newspaper strip around the can with newspaper sticking out a bit on the bottom.

Fold in the edges of the newspaper on the bottom of the container and tape. Tape it once on the side. Slide off. I use about 3 layers of newspaper.

I'm sure you could use any kind of can or jar to wrap around adjusting the size of your newspaper accordingly. It's actually easy and I would not consider it origami.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here