Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Homemade fungicide killed plants?

Posted by VeggieKiller Massachusetts (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 13, 12 at 15:53

I looked up a recipe for a safe fungicide and insecticide. I found a recipe for a spray that claimed to be safe to use on vegetable plants(excluding tomato).
http://bristen.com/natureshop/gardenjournal/PestSprayTips.htm

I used the second recipe on all of my plants except tomato. i sprayed during the early evening and it rained about 4 hours later. It continued to rain until i got home from work the next day. All of my plants have turned black or very dark and saturated. They look the way weeds do a day after spraying weed killer on them. Are my plants going to die? What can i do?

any info or advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Homemade fungicide killed plants?

You put ammonia on your plants?

o

Natural Garden Spray Recipes, does read as if the ammonia is getting near the dangerous concentration. Other than that, I've no conjecture.

I don't remember farmers ever putting ammonia on the leaves and stems of growing plants, but I have been away for a long time.

o

One year I sprayed a very weak solution of 1 part ammonia to 100 parts water on my tomatoes. Said to keep some bugs off them.

No harm done, but maybe no benefit either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here