Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this ok light for plants

Posted by GardenNovice6420 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 23:10

I get very bright, good light in my apartment. However, I'm a 'gardening novice' and am confused by terms like "indirect bright light" ... Is this too much light for my Prayer Plant, Christmas Cactus, Philodendrons and Rubber Tree Plant? I also have succulents (Burro's Tale, etc) on the same bright window sill. I hope the picture is clear enough.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this ok light for plants

If that is a south facing window it may be to strong for the plants you have on the sill now. Most of my plants do great in a east facing window. Hope that helps a little.
Christine

o
RE: Is this ok light for plants

Thanks, Christine. My window faces west. There's a 25 story building that blocks out some of the sun, however, it remains really bright. I've decided to monitor for any signs of too much sun and move them to another location close to the window if they do start to "complain" a bit =D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here