Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spilled Citronilla candle wax???

Posted by kanders z4 SD (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 04 at 0:26

Does anyone know how to clean up citronilla candle wax. A friend of mine picked up the candle while the wax was still hot and spilled in on her new concrete patio. She got the larger pieces scraped up but it has left a stain on the concrete... Is there a way to remove this?

thanks,
kanders

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spilled Citronilla candle wax???

• Posted by MorZ8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 16, 04 at 10:31

She could try laying paper towels over the stain, and running a warm clothes iron over the top, much like you would do for wax in carpet, but she may not get all the stain out of new concrete. Time and mother nature will help, it should be less visible after weather has helped to degrade the wax.

Here is a link that might be useful: spilled wax removal porous surface

o
RE: Spilled Citronilla candle wax???

The stain was probably caused by oil. Maybe she could try covering the stain with a shallow layer of detergent, then spraying it off? That's how my mother used to get car oil stains off the concrete garage floor. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here