Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Injured Garter Snake

Posted by blueavenger (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 08 at 2:54

Hello,
My name is Eric. Earlier today I was fishing at a pond close to my home and found a Garter snake next to my feet. It didn't run away when I approached so I bent down to get a closer look, It seemed that some bird of pray had a hold of it then dropped it or flew off as I was stumbling through the brush close to where I found the snake. The snake wasn't as active at first but after it recovered from the shock and I had placed it in an extra fish tank I own with sea shells on the flooring and plants around it. from the wound down it seems to have trouble moving at all but everything from there to it's head is very active. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help it's healing possess and if there's a wound in the middle of it's abdomen will it be able to digest food properly?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Injured Garter Snake

Yikes!

I don't know, but I'll bet you'll get expert advice if you post on the Nature Forum (at the top of this page, place your curser over "Forums" on the dark green line & the drop-down menu will appear. Click on Nature Forums.)

So many times when wildlife is injured, they just seem to go into shock & we can't help them, but I hope you have good luck with this snake.

o

Who cares its a serpent set it free ,let nature decide

o

ouch dickie.i don't care for snakes, but i hate to see any animal hurt.good luck blue.

o

Check with your local humane society or Game, Fish and Parks Dept. They might have some advice. You could always call your local vet and ask them some questions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tips & Techniques Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here